Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Well, I'm Still Boycotting Hobby Lobby

I'm still pretty upset over the SCOTUS ruling in favor of Hobby Lobby.  I'm not going to get all political here - the main thing is that I'm still boycotting Hobby Lobby, and this time, it's a total boycott.

I've been boycotting them for the past year, although I've had to go no more than a dozen times to get things there that I can't get anywhere else.  I absolutely hate when that happens, but I always use a 40% off coupon (not that it makes THAT much difference, as I'm still giving them my money).  However, it's a far cry from the kind of money I used to spend there.  Between fabric, thread, jewelry materials, and candy-making supplies, I used to probably spend about $1000 per year at Hobby Lobby.  Since deciding to boycott them, I've spent less than $100.

Now, they're not going to get even that.

Michael's has coupons.  So does Joann Fabrics.  In fact, I rarely purchase anything at full-price.

Are other stores further away?  Yep.  Will it cost more to order the hard-to-find things I need online instead of at Hobby Lobby?  Yep.  But I'm so infuriated by this entire situation that I'm just totally done with them.

I suggest that you are, too.

If you're still not convinced, here's a great article that debunks the most common arguments as to why Hobby Lobby isn't as evil as they seem.


No comments:

Post a Comment