I started out working on the sleeves, which have been the bane of my existence this weekend. I finally managed to get them worked out, and I hand-stitched the upper sleeve to the dress and the bra straps. It took forever! I also finished shaping the lower sleeve and put seam stop stuff on all of the seams so I wouldn't have to worry about serging everything.
That all took me most of the day, but I'll admit - I was procrastinating.
|Pattern for upper sleeve|
I sewed it all together VERY carefully.
Here it is so far (I haven't attached the lower sleeves yet because I'm not positive I like them yet). The only regret I have is that I would have been able to get the squares to slant inward more. I thought I had it all figured out, but when I put it together, it just didn't fall right. That's okay, no one will know. Well, except for all of you.
Here's the back - the chiffon helps keep the sleeves up. It's not perfect, but my hair will be covering most of it. The edges will be covered in trim, but that's the last step. Also, the chiffon won't stay plain for long. Tomorrow I'm BEDAZZLING!!! Yes, that's right - I found chiffon that would look good, but it was sequins, not rhinestones, and since I've been putting so much time, effort, and money into this costume, I decided to make it look right. Thank goodness for the Michael's gift card I have, because I'm not sure I could otherwise justify purchasing $30 worth of rhinestones.
I'll be finishing up everything else tomorrow. Good night!