Simplicity 4940 (surprise, surprise - the green dress is even on the packaging). The outer dress is made out of green crushed velvet from Jo-Ann's.
The under dress, which was used for the reverse of the outer dress as well as the lining, was a metallic paisley brocade, also from Jo-Ann's. I dyed all nine yards with apple green Rit dye.
|The original fabric laid over the dyed fabric|
Attaching the reverse to the sleeves and skirt was a bit annoying, but it worked out. I ended up sewing down the seams of the outer fabric to tack it down nicely. The front panel is open, like Eowyn's.
I also added a collar.
The final touch was adding the embroidery along the collar. I couldn't find anything I liked, and even dyed some cotton trim before deciding it wouldn't work. I finally ended up using a gold lace. I tacked it down and hand-stitched it around the entire collar. I actually ended up straightening it a bit more from what you see in the photo, as I didn't like how uneven it turned out.