So, the jacket has this really cool embroidered detailing over it. I started drafting it the other night. I'm a bit annoyed that we don't know what the back looks like. Is it just the front panel, or does this detailing go down over the back at all? Oh well.
I made some adjustments, then made another mock-up out of the original brocade I'd purchased for the costume.
It's just about right, so I made the patterns with seam allowances. There will still be some adjustments to make with how the belts lay on the sides, but I think I'm about 95% done with the fitting for this. I won't know for sure until I finish the base of the jacket, which won't be until I figure out what to do about the sleeves. I also made the base of the jacket longer. It can always be trimmed.
|Patterns pre-seam allowance|
The embroidery for this is going to be the trickiest part. I won't be tackling that until the base of the panel is completed.
Here it is with the actual fabric I'm going to use and the jacket mock-up. It still needs some adjustments, but overall, I'm pretty happy with where it is at the moment.