Monday, May 24, 2010

Back from Vacation!

So, I'm back from vacation! I was planning on purchasing a chain maile shirt from The Ring Lord website, but I'm a moron and apparently cannot read prices. The shirt is $275, plus at least $50 for shipping (it's coming from Canada!) And then I'd have to add to it anyway, so that would be another who knows how many rings.

I figured, that's just the God of Costuming telling me that I shouldn't cheat, so I purchased 5 pounds of Aluminum rings, 14ga 7/16". Believe me, it took a while to figure out exactly what the gauge is, what the 7/16" size is. I wanted to get the bronze, but it would have been way more expensive. As it is, the rings only cost $70 with shipping, which is much more tailored to my budget. Listen to me talk - as if I ever have a budget when it comes to costuming. I'd rather starve than cut back on my costuming "budget!" The rings should be here in a week or so, and I can start putting together the maile.

I was thinking that maybe I could get away with somehow attaching it to the corset (and thus avoiding having a ton of rings hidden by the corset) but I'm not sure how realistic that is. Not sure how I'd attach it in the first place. And then I couldn't make adjustments to either piece.

I think I'll just stick with making the full shirt. I can always take that apart, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment