Monday, December 31, 2012

Eowyn: Blargh

So, after a long time thinking about this, I've decided not to make the Eowyn Dernhelm costume.  At least, not this year.  I would like to concentrate on remaking my Susan corset with leather, and I'd like to wear it before I'm too old.  Therefore, Eowyn's armor will have to wait.  I know it is going to be extremely complicated, so Susan's corset will at least be practice.


However, I still want to make an Eowyn dress, so I'm thinking I may make the blue victory dress, since I've already made the robe.  And while I wouldn't wear the robe to a convention, I love the color.



Although, I'm also throwing around the idea of making the brown shieldmaiden dress, which she wears as she gets Merry suited up for battle.  I just don't know.  It will probably come down to how many people have made each dress.  I don't like to make costumes that a lot of people have made, or that have been made exceptionally well.  I think that those of you who have followed the blog for a while know that I like a challenge, and I like being unique.

As of now, my 2013 projects are as follows:

1)  Remake Susan.
2)  Remake Liesl.
3)  Make Eowyn Victory dress/Shieldmaiden dress.


Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment