Thursday, September 5, 2013

Dragon Con 2013: Doctor Who

This year, Noel Clarke, Gareth David-Lloyd, and Eve Myles were all at Dragon Con.  I added Noel and Eve to my autograph wall (I only need Naoko Mori, and then I will have collected them all, muwhahahaha!) Their panels were the filthiest panels I've ever seen, and John Barrowman wasn't even there!  Well, he was at Dragon Con, but he wasn't on any of the Torchwood panels for some reason.  Anyway, Torchwood/Doctor Who panels are always the most fun, and usually the dirtiest.  Seriously, I don't know how those people ever got any work done.

However, the highlight of my weekend was when I met Noel Clarke!  I only wanted to dress as the Clockwork Droid for that one time, and only because I have photos with other Doctor Who people as the Clockwork Droid, so I wanted to carry on that tradition.  I got all the way to the Walk of Fame before realizing that I'd left my new Clockwork weapon in my hotel room!  I walked all the way back - which would normally not be a big deal, but this year we were staying at the Westin, and it was a 15-minute trip one-way.  By the time I got back to the Walk of Fame, Noel was taking a break.  Argh!

When he returned, I'd been hoping to get a photo with my weapon in the frame (obviously, as I'd walked all the way back for it), but he insisted on a giant hug.  I didn't have time to refuse, and honestly, I'm not really sure why I would.  This was not only a highlight of my weekend, but of the entire life of the Clockwork Droid.  Unless Billie Piper, David Tennant, or Sophia Myles shows up in Atlanta, the Clockwork Droid is now retired from Dragon Con.  It really doesn't get any better than this!

I love how happy the Clockwork Droid looks ...
I also met Eve Myles.  I told her that our favorite quote from Torchwood was, "You're cleaning the oven!"  She threw her head back and laughed pretty hard.  Not only was she adorable, she was hilarious at her panels.

The same TARDIS that we had our photo in last year was up in the Sheraton at Dragon Con this year, so we hiked over with our Inspector Spacetime outfits and snapped some shots!





We also ran into another Constable and Inspector, and they had Blorgons!



Now that Dragon Con is over, I'll be focusing on more Doctor Who projects: namely, playing viola in the Doctor Who Fan Orchestra's 50th Anniversary piece, and (hopefully) making a Clara Oswald cosplay for Chicago TARDIS.

No comments:

Post a Comment